Intro

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My mother, me and my brother, circa 1988
Hi, my name is Victoria but you can call me Vic-E. I decided to start this blog primarily due to my love affair with music; some of my earliest memories were of me singing with my mom in the church adult choir at age four. From there I sang in school, in front of family and friends, and anywhere people could hear me. Yet as I grew I felt mounting insecurities about following my dreams in the music industry and was faced with much criticism on how I didn't fit into a particular "mold". So I made up my mind to work at a more practical job, I ended up graduating with a degree in communications ready to face the world head on and try to find a way to still be close to what I loved. For a while I worked with a friend on their magazine and entertainment company but that was short lived because my mother died. I had to get a job to pay the bills, and time after time I tried to balance my day job with my ambitions but there was no room for dreaming.

February 2011, I started a new job as a marketing coordinator. I was excited because I enjoy marketing and knew how I could take those skills and apply them in any industry. Yet a piece of me yearned for more and my coworkers started to recognize it. So in November I left the company and decided I would follow my heart this time and apply for positions that were in the entertainment industry.

Lucky me I landed an interview for the first job I applied for -- it was for a major record label. Just getting the interview made me giddy like a child on Christmas morning. Leaving the interview I was confident that I had done well and left the rest up to God to decide. But after a month they emailed me saying they had went with another candidate. What would I do now? I wanted so much to work with music. How else could I get in the industry? I knew so many others asking the same questions. And that's why I created the music diary because at the end of the day you want to do what you love. So I'm documenting my journey to find myself and in hopes to inspire others.

2 comments :

  1. That is beautiful Vic-E!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this and I'm happy to hear this about you. May God continue to bless you and expand your territories.
    xoxo
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really crazy!

    ReplyDelete