Pier Entertainment Spring Music Fest

Monday, June 10, 2013


June 1st, I went down to Philly for the Pier Entertainment Spring Music Fest. It was my first time attending so I wasn't sure what to expect. I knew previously about two of Pier Entertainment's artist but the rest of the names on the bill to me were unknown. As soon as NeJcion (the first act) came on stage and sang his first note I was in awe. Several of the singers that night made me feel like I was in church; their voices were so powerful they spoke to my soul.

When I asked  Jon Pierre, CEO/President of Pier Entertainment, what inspired him to develop such an event  he said, "I created the Spring Music Fest because there has been no platform with a diversity of genres. I wanted to prove to people that you can put on a great show with great talent regardless of musical style. I wanted to create an energetic event with young talent and true industry buzz. Our shows are not just concerts but mini festivals/red carpet events. The whole idea started because I had a brand new artist on my label that no one knew. I thought it would be the best way to start off performing in great venues and built the entire line-up around Pier Entertainment."

Well I'm glad he had the insight to craft such an amazing event and cant wait for the next one. If you missed out here are some photos of the event and the amazing talent that performed:

NeJcion


Angela Everwood

Modern Colour



Here is a live performance from Pier Entertainment's Zeek the Experience:


See more photos from the event on themusicdiary tumblr.

Make sure to keep an eye out at the top of each month for the music diary monthly event calendar for similar events in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment